Womb (uterus) cancer
- Womb cancer is cancer that affects the womb (uterus). It's most common in women who've been through menopause.
- Anyone with a womb can get womb cancer.
- The womb is where a baby grows during pregnancy.
- Most womb cancer usually starts in the lining of the womb (endometrium), this is also known as endometrial cancer.
- How serious the womb cancer is depends on how big it is, if it has spread and your general health
Important: Get your symptoms checked
It's important to get any symptoms of womb cancer checked as soon as possible. Finding it earlier makes it easier to treat.
Page last reviewed: 21 October 2021
Next review due: 21 October 2024