Support for families and carers
Supporting someone with Down's syndrome can be both rewarding and challenging.
If you need help, or just want someone to talk to, there's lots of support available.
Speak to parents and families
It can help to speak to other parents and families who know how you're feeling.
You can do this by:
- getting in touch with people on forums and social media
- going to a support group – ask your midwife or health visitor about local support groups
The Down's Syndrome Association also has a list of support groups:
Speak to a charity
You can get advice from charities such as:
Down's Syndrome Association
For people with Down's syndrome, their parents and carers.
- Phone: 0333 1212 300
- Website: www.downs-syndrome.org.uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- They also do training – find out more about training courses
For people with learning disabilities and their families.
To support and bring together families with disabled children.
Page last reviewed: 17 February 2023
Next review due: 17 February 2026